CASA of Sedgwick County

Giving Stocks of Other Securities

Some people choose to support CASA of Sedgwick County by donating gifts of securities. In addition to providing us with the crucial financial support needed to make a difference in the lives of abused children, you can save on capital gains taxation of appreciated securities. You can donate securities by transferring stock certificates or stock held through a broker.


Stock Held Through Your Broker

Most brokerage firms will require a letter of intent from you to request an electronic transfer of shares to CASA of Sedgwick County. When doing so, you can provide the following account information to them or have them call CASA of Sedgwick County for the information: (316) 771-7927.


Account Information

CASA of Sedgwick County's account for receiving donated securities is managed by Sean Miller:

Sean Miller
CASA of Sedgwick County Wealth Management
Northwestern Mutual 
10500 E. Berkeley Square Parkway
Wichita, KS 67206
Phone: (316) 266-5083


Before transferring any securities, please ask your broker to contact Sean Miller at the above number, referencing CASA of Sedgwick County.  To ensure that your gift is properly accounted for, please also notify Kim Gerstenkorn at k[email protected] or 316-771-7925.


Stock Certificates

To transfer stock certificates, you will need a stock power for each certificate that you plan to donate. These stock powers need to be signature guaranteed—simply go to your local bank or broker and have them witness your signature. They will stamp it accordingly. After you have signed the powers (do not sign the back of the certificates), mail the certificate(s) in one envelope and the signed stock powers with the signature guarantee in a separate envelope. Mail the two envelopes to:


CASA of Sedgwick County
Attn: Gifts of Stock 
200 N Broadway St.  Suite 590
Wichita, KS 67202

NOTE: To ensure the arrival of your gift, we recommend that the stock certificate(s) be sent by certified mail with return receipt requested.


Contact Us

If you are interested in donating securities, please contact Kim Gerstenkorn at [email protected] or 316-771-7925